Thank you so much for supporting our students and our school with your precious time!
Criminal Record Check Information
Any adult wishing to volunteer their time with SHSS students (e.g. field trip chaperone, coach, driver etc.) MUST first apply for a Criminal Records Check and be cleared through the Ministry of Justice.
The Criminal Record Check is free of charge for volunteers and can be done through the Ministry of Justice website by following the procedure below.
- Contact Chantal St-Jacques, Vice Principal of SHSS via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (250.365.7735 ext. 301) to obtain the organization’s code.
- CLICK HERE to visit the Criminal Record Check page and read through the terms to make sure that you meet the requirements.
- Enter the code provided by the school and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Results will be forwarded directly to the Vice Principal. A follow up phone call or email a week after filling in the application is required by volunteers to ensure that the information has been received by the school.
ICBC Driver’s Abstract
Any adult wishing to be a volunteer driver (personal vehicle or school van) for curricular or extra curricular events must submit an ICBC driver’s abstract. This is a very quick process that can be completed within a few minutes of applying.
- CLICK HERE to visit the ICBC website to obtain your driving record.
- You can send your abstract directly to the school by inputting the Vice Principal’s email address (email@example.com). Or you can have it emailed to you so that you can print a copy for us and for your records.
Volunteer Driver Form
If you are helping us out by driving students in your personal vehicle, the final piece of documentation we require is the volunteer driver form. Right click on the link below to access the fillable PDF.